Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Great Panda


Panda is a large black and white animal that looks like a bear and lives in the mountains of China.Though belonging to the order Carnivora, the Panda has a diet which is 99% bamboo.

The Giant Panda is an endangered species and highly threatened. According to the latest report, China has 239 Giant Pandas in captivity and another 27 living outside the country.

Panda has also served as an china's national emblem beside the dragon. Its image appears on a large number of modern Chinese commemorative silver, gold, and platinum coins. The species is a favorite of the public, at least in part because many people find that it has a baby -like cuteness ( wikipedia).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow nice blog

Anonymous said...

Really liked this post because I love animals,it interested me and had a lot of facts.I'm not ranking my favorite top ten blogs anymore but I did post this blog in the top ten on September
2nd.

Anonymous said...

cute panda!! i like your blog!! interesting

My Directory